Top 5 RV Destinations In America
Traveling by RV is a fun way to see the country and visit places you’ve never been before. It’s a different type of experience, but most travelers would agree, it’s a great way to see the United States and create unique memories while visiting unique places. What are the best places to head to with an RV? Who accommodates well and provides something different? We break down five destinations in America to travel to with an RV.
- Boyd’s Key West Campground, Florida – When most people think of Florida, they probably think of beach side hotel or big resort. Truth be told, you can visit Florida in an RV and have an amazing time. Key West is a beautiful place and Boyd’s is an accommodating park. They even have saltwater fishing, a boat dock and are very close to Duval Street for a chance to visit the surrounding area.
- Rivers Edge RV Park, Fairbanks, Alaska – Although it’s a heck of a journey to get there, it’s worth the trip. Alaska is one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth. Rivers Edge has a network of biking and hiking trails to accommodate the adventurous traveler looking to experience this beauty first hand. If you want to visit Fairbanks, a shuttle bus will take you nearby attractions like the Riverboat Discovery cruise, Pioneer Park, the Trans Alaska Pipeline and the historic downtown area.
- Yosemite Pines RV Park, Yosemite, California – This RV park is close to the actual park, only 22 miles away. Unlike the RV park on the campgrounds, Yosemite Pines has full hook ups for RVs making it much more appealing and worthwhile. This is also a family friendly park with a petting zoo and gold mine for kids to pan for gold.
- Mt. Desert Narrows Camping Resort, Bar Harbor, Maine- Another hefty trip from here in Indiana, but traveling to Maine can be a great experience with a major pay off. Mt. Deser Narrows is the only national park in New England and gives you a wonderful Atlantic Ocean view. Have you always wondered what it would be like to see a whale? Bar Harbor can give you that opportunity.
- Madison Arm Resort, Montana- Located just eight miles from Yellowstone, Madison Arm is easily accessible for visitors who are trying to avoid the crowded borders of the park. Even if you don’t wish to visit Yellowstone, Lake Hegben and Madison Park have some great activities like fishing, swimming and exploring to partake in.